lily & chew banner

Friday 20 April 2007

Pots and tea



Whilst traipsing about Laama Island in Hong Kong last year, we discovered an adorable little herb garden and tea hut where we could rest our weary legs.
As we sipped on our freshly brewed herbal teas (mine was a refreshing lemon balm one) we enjoyed the antics of the resident orange cat, cheekily jumping up on tables to drink water from the flower vases when Mr tea maker wasn't looking.
While I was reminiscing about this the other day, I decided to turn my herbaceous thoughts into reality. I cycled down to the local garden centre and came home with a bike basket full of apple mint, oregano, Vietnamese mint, thyme, chives and lavender.



D.I.Y tea

For me, 'herbal' belongs to the same word family as 'hemp', 'dread lock' and 'fire-twirling' - but I assure you, tea made from herbs freshly plucked from your own garden is so refreshing and delicious, that such unpleasant thoughts will soon be washed away quick smart.

Pluck a few leaves from your herb of choice, throw into a mug and pour boiling water over them. Leave for a few minutes.

I usually make mint tea, but I also love lemon verbena, chamomile, thyme and lemon balm. For more varieties of herbal teas look here

No comments: