lily & chew banner

Monday 5 May 2008

Wimping out



Wimpy
Watney Market, Shadwell

It is my last day at work for the next 10 days and to celebrate in style we are going to...Wimpy (my place of work doesn't present itself with many glamorous lunch options). All I know about this establishment to date is that its name intrigues me, but on arrival, intrigue soon turned to fear when I laid eyes on the Bender in a Bun.



It's pretty nifty when you think about it, a scored sausage bent in a round to fit perfectly into a burger bun. Five points for creativity, but if you want to know what it tastes like I'll leave it to Guy because he lives to tell the tale.
I had the Quorn burger and Carters had the Beanburger. If I was dying of hunger I would choose Wimpy over McDonalds anyday.
Give Wimpy a miss if you are after healthy wholesome fare, however if it's 1980s fast food and raw community spirit with a tomato ketchup sachet you're after, this is the place to be.

Yay! Junk food with table service
Boo! The horrible feeling in your gut afterwards
Cost: A burger meal will set you back less than a fiver
Veg friendly: 3/5
Service: 3/5


No comments: