lily & chew banner

Friday 2 March 2007

more. blue. cheese.

With Chew off scoffing haloumi in Cyprus this week, I too have turned my mind to matters of cheese. Again. With this blog I have realised how much I cook with the blue. Maybe a little too much even. Meh. So before I banish it for a while, I am giving it one last hurrah, together with my other much loved kitchen staple, the mushroom.



This really is too easy. Alls you need to do is grab a portobello mushroom or two, lay them in an oven dish (stalk side up), sprinkle or pile them with your favourite blue (depending on how cheesy you want it) and whack em in a moderate oven for 20 minutes. The mushrooms bleed, the cheese melts, they merge as one in a sweet meeting of fatty juices. When cooked, crack some pepper over the shrooms and serve them atop a crusty bit of very fresh bread to soak up the dripping loveliness.

Which Cheese Are You?

While we're on the subject, last week Sarah sent this link to an incredibly accurate test that matches a cheese to your personality. How can I vouch so for its accuracy? Well, I got camembert and she got cheddar.

No comments: