lily & chew banner

Monday 28 January 2008

Frolicking in Füssen: Part one



Last weekend I found myself in Füssen, Bavaria, wading round in an outdoor spa complex with naked Germans. I won't go into too much detail about that, but I can tell you that the beer was fantastic and the fresh air was delicious.

A few Füssen foodie notes:

* Whilst making home fries for the gang one morning, I peeled this bulb of garlic, only to discover that there where no separate segments. IT WAS ONE GIANT CLOVE.






* Could this be the most elaborately sliced cucumber I have ever seen?






* Lily often gives me a hard time over my obsession with kitchen gadgets, but check this puppy out! It's a fold-away bread slicer with adjustable blade so you can choose how thick or thin you want your bread to be. Amazing.



Stay tuned for Frolicking in Füssen: Part two, where Nicky shows me how Kasspatzen is made...

No comments: